You know that saying, “when life gives you lemons… make lemonade?” I think it’s incorrect. Instead, it should say, “when life gives you lemons… make buttery Instant Pot lemon chicken breasts.”
Too many lemons?
Have you ever purchased a bag of lemons only to discover when you got home that you have too many lemons? Take a deep breath, it’s all good. I firmly believe that when you have too many of one ingredient, that simply means that your pantry is begging you to whip up something delicious with those items.
Here’s what to do with those extra lemons.
Here is a solution to a recent lemon-abundance situation I experienced: delicious buttery Instant Pot lemon chicken breasts, cooked to perfection using a pressure cooker.
Why pressure-cook lemons?
Something magical happens inside a pressure cooker when you add lemon slices. They go through a mid-life change of sorts. They soften with a tenderness that can only be described as magnificent maturity, becoming one with the sauce. With just the right touch of tartness, depth, and zing.
Is this recipe only for an Instant Pot pressure cooker?
Of course not! Any pressure cooker will do. I use an Instant Pot because it was the first one that caught my eye years ago when electric pressure cookers entered the scene with force. Simply follow the recipe directions below with any electric pressure cooker. Don’t have one? Your slow cooker will work just fine. Four hours on high or eight hours on low. Don’t have a pressure cooker OR a slow cooker? Okay, fine. You can cook this in your oven on bake 325 degrees for an hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Cover with foil so that the lemons don’t dry out or burn.
Can you use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely! Just clean up any fats and sinew that often are found on chicken thighs and you will be good to go.
Looking for another Instant Pot inspiration?
Want to impress your guests AND yourself beyond this delicious Instant Pot lemon chicken breasts recipe? A pressure cooker can be your new best friend and your wallet’s best friend when it comes to making hummus. It’s quick and easy and wayyyyy more delicious than buying store-bought hummus.
What is your favorite thing to make in your Instant Pot?
Eat well, my friends. Eat well.
Instant Pot Buttery Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (or similar)
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp flour (I prefer a light gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning (if using unsalted seasoning, add 1/4 tsp sea salt)
- 4 lemons thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- Take chicken breasts and cutlet in half, lengthwise. This will give you four to six pieces.
- In a gallon-sized plastic bag, add flour and chicken. Zip closed and shake bag so that flour coats the chicken.
- Turn on saute function in Instant Pot and add oil and butter and melt. Add chicken and saute until lightly browned, approximately five minutes. Turn of.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper and cover with sliced lemons and chicken broth.
- Secure lid properly on pressure cooker and set on Poultry/high Pressure and cook for eleven (11) minutes.
- Allow pot to release pressure naturally before release vent pressure. If in a hurry, by all means release the pressure according to your pressure cooker's instructions. Enjoy!