I was in Tulsa recently and visited Whole Foods off of Peoria.
Man I wish we had one.
My perfect food retailer world consists of Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Costco, and a farmer’s market.
Make that two farmer’s markets.
Back to Whole Foods: I grabbed a free recipe flyer while in Whole Foods that piqued my interest: Creamy Orange-Avocado Dressing. It is surprisingly delicious and a perfect blend of bite, sweetness, and creamy loveliness. This dressing chills well since the avocado is incorporated with the juice of an orange. Thanks Whole Foods, two thumbs up!
1. 3 green onions, trimmed and diced.
2. ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
3. ½ cup orange juice
4. Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
5. Wash and prepare your greens.
6. Add to your salad and toss. Enjoy!
Curious about the nutrition? Serves 4, about 2oz per serving. 60 calories (35 from fat), 4g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium (depending on how much you use), 6g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 1g protein. 100% yummy.