This post sponsored by Petit Jean Meats based in Morrilton, Arkansas. 90 years young. #ad
“Questo is the
Smoked Cheddar and Hot Pepper Cheese Queso Dip in crockpot
- 8 ounce Petit Jean Cheese ‘n Hot Pepper Cheese, cut up in cubes
- 8 ounce Petit Jean Smoked Cheddar Cheese, cut up iin cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- In a small 2 QT crockpot or slow cooker, add ingredients and set temperature on HIGH.
- Once cheese starts to melt, stir thoroughly and replace lid.
- Queso is ready pretty quickly, within and hour or two, depending on the size of your slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
As many of you already know, I was dairy-free for fifteen lonnnnnnng years without creamy Brie, salty Parmesan, and heavy whipping cream or delicious queso. As I jumped back on the dairy wagon a few years ago, I was re-introduced to many dairy-based favorites. Queso somehow never made the list.
But then… Keto happened.
Oh Keto, with your eat-all-the-fats-and-less-of-the-carbs focus. That’s right, Keto introduced me to queso and I haven’t looked back. Queso is delicious with chips, nachos or drizzled on thinly cooked chicken breasts. Seriously, try it.It is fun to add a special touch to queso to bring out the unexpected pop. This recipe for queso is made with Petite Jean’s Hickory Smoked Cheddar and Cheese n’ Hot Pepper with jalapeno peppers. The cheese combination gives it a smoky depth with a touch of zing.
Perfect for game day. Well actually, perfect for today. Goodbye, I’m head out to get some more Petit Jean cheese.
Who is ready to fire up the crockpot and get this queso dip going? What’s your favorite accompaniment to queso? Chips? Nachos? Chicken wings?