|Emelia’s Mediterranean Cafe’s ooey-gooey feta cheese eggs benedict with homemade hollandaise sauce|
‘Twas the day before Gluttony 2011,
My “what-if-I-really-don’t-have-any-food-allergies?” weekend.
“What should I eat? Where should I go?”
You heard my plea.
“Croissants, pizza, burgers and Queso,
Donuts and milkshakes, quiches and calzone.”
Your suggestions were divine!
“What to do? What to do?”
I could’ve planned better but thankfully, I had you.
Okay, BEFORE you start writing me off as a self-indulgent diva…
In my defense…
I am not saying I ate an entire portion of all of these decadent dishes by myself.
I took bites.
Some baby bites and some so huge you could say I ate the whole thing.
I shared with my husband.
And I am not saying that I consumed all of this over a day.
Over four days.
Friday – Saturday – Sunday – Monday.
So there, not so bad, right?
If you had the chance for a “free food” weekend,
Would you do the same?
- Little Bread Co. cheesy quiche
- Emelia’s Mediterranean Café Eggs Benedict with feta and homemade hollandaise
- The Rail pizza with triple mushrooms
- Goold ole’ fashioned fake queso dip from a jar
- Braum’s ice-cream mix with butterfingers
- Noodle’s fried mozzarella
- Noodle’s fettuccini alfredo
- Hammondtree’s Grilled Cheese Parmaggedon with Chicken
- Slice of good, aged cheddar cheese
- Brie, the very name brings me calm joy
- Back Yard Blackened burger (with American cheese, the un-cheese)
- Onion Ring
- Noodle’s fried ravioli
- Pepperidge Farm’s Milano cookies
- Krispy Kreme donut
- Meridienne chocolate croissant
- Raspberry-apple pie
- My dad’s homemade oats, raisin and mint bread
- Noodle’s meaty lasagna
- Copeland’s Chicken Parmesan over angel hair pasta
Even went a little nutty…
- Good old fashioned peanuts
- Brazil nuts
Oh… one more thing…
Wondering how I feel?
Strangely… I feel fine.
Not sure why I feel fine. I really had no “episodes” to speak of.
Almost all of the lab work is in progress and soon I’ll know.
I am also feeling relieved.
My husband put it best when he said, “I can’t wait until this is over so we can go back to eating normal.”
Gluten-free and dairy-free is the new normal.
|I finally got to taste my dad’s homemade bread! Worth every bite, seriously. If you aren’t eating or making homemade bread and you aren’t living gluten-free… what’s wrong with you?!!
|You know I HAD to do this, right?|
|Tomato basil and mozzarella cheesy quiche from The Little Bread Co. on Block Street in Fayetteville. Gorgeous!|
|If you’re going to have a croissant you must one (1) go to France (which I didn’t) or (2) go to a French bakery (which I did). Have you been to Meridienne Bakery in downtown Rogers yet? Go. Just go. Now.|
|Here’s the deal. I HAD to eat pizza. This sign at The Rail in downtown Rogers says it all. Ahhhh…|
|It was a toss up between a Dairy Queen blizzard, an Andy’s custard or a Braums mix. My husband decided for me.|
|Brie is in my top 5 fav foods list. Rocky, my alpha puppy went WILD over the stench (yeah, I said stench).
I went WILD over the taste.
|I started off with Krispy Kreme and ended with my favorite kind of donut: powdered. I finally got to experience Rick’s Bakery. It was good…. but seriously… I need to detox!|